Medical Negligence and Malpractice Attorneys Managing Your Complex Case
There are nearly 85,000 medical malpractice lawsuits filed every year in the United States, according to justpoint.com. Medical malpractice cases, in the same study, were found to typically fall into four major categories, including failure to properly diagnose an illness, failed surgeries or surgical errors, improper treatment, and adverse drug reactions.
Medical malpractice is the legal term for medical negligence, which happens when a medical professional or other health care professional deviates from the professional standard of care and causes unnecessary bodily harm and injuries, or in unfortunate cases, wrongful death.
Our medical malpractice law firm and our medical negligence malpractice lawyers pride ourselves on helping victims of poor or dangerous medical treatment that changed the quality of their lives as a result.
Perhaps you’re unsure if you’ve experienced medical negligence, or you’re unsure what steps to take next. Negligence can be difficult to recognize, though our experienced medical malpractice attorneys can determine the strength of your case and whether a lawsuit is worth pursuing.
Our medical malpractice law firm will help you better understand medical negligence determine if you’re the victim of medical malpractice, and help you decide when you might need to engage our medical practice lawyers with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC to help recover compensation in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
What is Medical Negligence?
Medical professionals must follow professional standards of care as required by law. With this, they have specific duties to carry out as related to the proper medical treatment and care of patients.
As you typically engage and trust a physician to help with a unique health situation or treatment, it’s a lot like entering into a contract. You expect your physician to use their special skills and knowledge, to the best of their ability, to help you treat, solve, or fix that health problem.
When a medical professional does not deliver on the duty of care according to the accepted standards, this is considered medical negligence. Examples of medical negligence and how they might play out in real-life include:
- Use of improper anesthesia or amount of anesthesia during surgery that causes an allergic reaction
- Childbirth injuries or death due to C-sections or delivery challenges
- Missing a cancer diagnosis if a benign tumor is actually cancerous or is completely overlooked
- Ignoring existing conditions like heart disease
- Overlooking a blood clot that could lead to more serious issues
- Prescription errors that cause an allergic reaction or, in more serious cases, death
- Lack of post-operative care that results in additional health problems
You can start with a free consultation to find out if you experienced medical negligence by calling: 281-214-6541.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is the legal representation and response to medical negligence, which is an act of omission or error on the part of a medical provider that causes short- or long-term bodily or mental harm that could have been prevented.
Our Houston medical malpractice lawyers, if we were to represent your case, would need to prove medical malpractice based on the following conditions:
- Duty: All medical providers have a responsibility to their patients to maintain the health, safety, and well-being of the patients they serve.
- Breach: If a doctor, nurse, or caregiver does not treat patients with the same level of skill as another qualified medical professional, this might be a breach of care.
- Damages: When a failed surgery, medical error, or another duty of care causes damages on one or more levels, such as physical, social, mental, or financial, our attorneys can make a connection between the physician’s care and your pain and suffering.
- Direct cause:Your injuries must have been directly caused by the practitioner’s negligence.
We’ll use an informed, strategic approach to building a medical malpractice case to recover damages and compensation so you can get your life back.
Why Do I Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
An act of negligence can cause pain and suffering long after a misdiagnosis, failed operation, or adverse drug reaction. While only nominal side effects are possible, the more serious cases can have long-term effects on physical and emotional health, financial and social well-being, and personal and intimate relationships.
Only about two percent of people file a medical malpractice claim as the lines between improper treatment and side effects are blurry and can be difficult to prove. If you or someone you know is the victim of:
- A misdiagnosis of an illness, which might also include unnecessary treatment or surgery
- Inaccurate interpretation of test results because a doctor misread or something was overlooked
- Unnecessary or dangerous surgery or treatment that could have been prevented
- Improper treatment or surgical errors or techniques using unsanitary methods or tools
- Adverse reactions to improper medication or dosage amounts
It’s our challenge to prove the medical professional in question made mistakes or neglected to carry out his or her duties, which caused you specific injuries and associated damages like a job loss that you did not have before the treatment or procedure.
We will work diligently to improve your outcome and quality of life by seeking compensation and recovering damages from your medical malpractice incident as your medical malpractice lawyers at The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC.
Why Have an Expert Review Your Medical Negligence and Malpractice Case?
No amount of money can change the past or bring your health back. What we can attempt to recover, however, is your ability to live and work again without fear of losing your home or assets because of a poor medical decision.
Nearly 90 percent of medical malpractice cases never make it to trial. Having our strong legal team at your disposal might be the leverage you need to settle out of court and get compensated (where you otherwise may not have been) for your pain, suffering, and losses.
When you hire an experienced medical malpractice attorney with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC we will give you the edge you need in your medical malpractice claim, from pre-trial to trial. That includes building and gathering strategic evidence, consulting highly-qualified medical experts and professionals, reviewing medical records and history, and fighting for you in a trial against the physician and health system.
Don’t continue to suffer and let a negligent act drain your resources or further hinder your job, ability to work and earn income, or further impact your healthy relationships. Book a free consultation today with one of our Houston personal injury lawyers to see if you have a case: 281-214-6541.