Car Accidents Attorneys in Houston Getting You Fair Compensation
Texas is one of the most dangerous states to drive in, with more than 3,305 fatal car crashes occurring in just one year, according to the American Journal of Transportation. About 37,000 people in the United States die annually due to car accidents overall.
Distracted driving, driving under the influence, and speeding rank as some of the most common causes of serious car accidents in Texas.
Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the country overall and are no joking matter. Car crashes can cause serious bodily and mental harm, injuries, and in unfortunate cases, paralysis and death. Someone’s life can change in an instant.
Injuries as a result of a car accident typically include:
- Concussions, head trauma, and other traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash and other types of back and neck injuries, including spinal cord damage
- Injuries to ligaments, tendons, or muscles
- Burns, lacerations, cuts, and bruises
- Broken bones, possibly including shoulders, ribs, knees, elbows, and more
- Loss of limbs or amputation
- Internal damage, trauma, and bleeding
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident that’s no fault of your own, you may be eligible for justice under Texas law. A car accident attorney with The Hatchett Law Firm may be able to help you recover damages and lost compensation so you can get your life back on track.
How Do I Protect Myself After a Car Accident?
Car accidents can cause emotional distress and confusion. After the initial shock of a car accident wears off, you can take these careful steps to protect your rights and possible personal injury case.
- Don’t leave the scene: Following an accident, call the police immediately. They will assist with the exchange of contact and insurance information with the other party, document the incident, and file a report. If both parties leave the scene, the police cannot file an accurate report.
- Gather evidence: Take any photos of the damage to your vehicle and the other party’s vehicle, traffic signals, and any relevant conditions like snow or ice. This important documentation will serve as a visual aid when you file a claim.
- See a physician immediately: Even if you don’t have visible injuries, you could have internal trauma or bleeding. See a doctor immediately following an accident so they can give you a thorough examination and provide you with a medical report.
- Call a personal injury attorney: Our Houston car accident lawyers can determine if you have a personal injury case and begin defending your rights with insurance companies and other attorneys.
- Notify your insurance company: Let your agent know you have been in a car accident, and ask your personal injury attorney to get involved from the beginning to avoid rushed settlements or getting influenced by insurance company tactics meant to pay you as little as possible.
Our car accident attorneys can help you navigate the aftermath of a car accident and negotiate on your behalf with other attorneys, hospitals, and insurance companies to ensure fair treatment and monetary compensation based on your unique situation.
What if a Car Accident isn’t My Fault?
It’s common after a car accident, especially one that comes on suddenly and seemingly “out of nowhere,” to place blame or feel confused as to who caused it and what comes next.
Negligence on the road can take many forms, which might be the result of one or multiple mistakes that lead to an accident. This could include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving
- Reckless and careless maneuvers
- Excessive speed
- Failure to obey traffic signals
Insurance companies might try to assign blame (even if you’re the victim) to close the claim sooner and settle. With medical expenses, debts, income loss, and other damages, you might not get the fair settlement you deserve without a car accident lawyer.
The Hatchett Law Firm, in representing you, will build a case with sound evidence and proof to show the other party caused an injury as a direct result of his or her failure to act and owes you a duty of care.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
About three million people in the United States experience permanent injuries every year due to car accidents alone.
When car accident injuries change your life and your ability to work and live, a car accident lawyer like the Hatchett Law Firm will help you understand your rights, provide sound legal advice, and negotiate a fair settlement to cover your expenses, such as:
- Medical bills and related expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Lost wages
- Permanent disability (and the impact of a future with a disability)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium (relationship)
If a victim is without legal representation, insurance companies typically take advantage of the fact that most people don’t know the worth or value of a car accident. They use a formula to give you a quick settlement as they focus on profits, not you. A car accident lawyer is only a benefit to you.
A lot of work and investigation goes into a car accident claim and case. Our Houston car accident lawyers will gather evidence and information, build a personal injury claim, negotiate settlements, file lawsuits, and handle every step of the pretrial process through to resolution.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
When your quality of life has changed as a result of a car or motor vehicle accident and another person’s wrongful actions or lack of action, the consequences don’t have to define you or your future. You deserve answers, options, and a fresh start.
And a fresh start is possible when you book a free consultation with experienced personal injury lawyers with the Hatchett Law Firm. We are a diligent, savvy, and compassionate team of car accident lawyers willing to fight and protect your rights.
We specialize in minor and severe car accidents and car accident injuries and will pursue damages and fair compensation on behalf of our clients when there are actual and verifiable losses as a result of an accident.
If your life, business, or overall lifestyle have been negatively compromised by a car accident, don’t wait to pick up the phone any longer. For example, if you can no longer earn an income or work, you have medical bills piling up, or other out-of-pocket expenses are draining your bank account, you might be entitled to damages.
The Hatchett Law Firm can assess your case and help you determine the best strategies and path forward for your unique situation. Find out if you have a personal injury case today and speak with one of our Houston car accident lawyers: 281-214-6541.