Personal Injury Attorneys in Houston Recovering Your Losses After an Accident
Unexpected injuries that occur as a result of another person’s carelessness or intentionally harmful actions naturally cause a myriad of emotions, including distress and confusion. That includes the injured party but also family members and other individuals impacted by an accident, especially when it leads to severe bodily injuries like paralysis or death.
Even when an accident is not your fault, sustaining an injury or injuries can feel defeating as your life and your family’s life can change in an instant.
Not every injury warrants a personal injury claim, but many demand serious attention and legal support when your rights, livelihood, and assets are at stake. That’s where we come in.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys stand up for you and your family when you don’t have a voice. If you have experienced injuries in any of the following scenarios, we can help determine if you have a case:
- A serious car, motorcycle, or boating accident
- Medical negligence
- Injury resulting in death
What is Considered a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is a result of wrongful conduct, negligence, or an intentional act to cause harm to another person. The most common types of personal injury cases include:
Motor vehicle accident: If a car accident leaves you injured or disabled, you may need a Houston personal injury attorney with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC to help you recover your losses, such as lost wages, damaged property, or other harm to your life or business caused by the accident.
Medical malpractice: Medical practice is an act or omission by a physician that falls outside of the medical community’s acceptable guidelines for treatment. A misdiagnosis, unnecessary surgery, complications during an operation, and birth injuries are a few examples.
Product liability: If a manufacturer makes a defective product and it gets into the hands of a customer, they could be legally responsible for any harm or injuries it causes. This might include a defective design that leads to a faulty medical device or poor safety warnings or instructions that lead to injury.
Wrongful death: Carelessness, recklessness, or intentional cruelty can cause death. If you have lost a loved one due to another person or entity’s negligence, we can help your family fight for justice on their behalf.
If you have physical pain, lingering mental effects, or injuries that are impacting your ability to work and live, speak to an experienced personal injury attorney with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC today.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
If you were injured by another person or company, your insurance company will likely reach out to you about a personal injury claim.
To set the stage, when you don’t have legal representation, insurance companies take a systematic approach to personal injury claims. They aren’t concerned with your injuries, medical bills, or lost compensation, only profit margin and fighting the claim to pay you as little money as possible.
There are other tricks insurance companies might use to delay your claim, which is another important reason to have a partner like The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC fighting on your behalf. These might include:
- Blaming you for the accident
- Using delays in medical care to deny a claim
- Dragging out a case
- Requiring proof or evidence like written or recorded statements
- Requesting authorizations to search for prior injuries or other reasons to deny your claim
- Pressuring you for a quick settlement
Our Houston personal injury lawyers, on the other hand, can change the course and outcome of your unfortunate situation. Unlike insurance companies, we’re focused on getting you a fair and true settlement based on your situation, from the injuries you sustained, to how your injuries will impact your life in the short- and long-term and your ability to work and pay bills.
How Can I Legally Protect Myself After an Injury?
If you experienced any bodily harm from a defective product, were misdiagnosed, or became a victim of reckless driving, for example, there are steps you can take to protect yourself after an injury.
After an accident, the trauma and emotional distress of it all can be overwhelming. Avoid reactionary measures with these careful steps to safeguard your potential case:
- Take photos and record a detailed account of the situation. If you got into a car accident, for example, take photos of the scene, your and the other party’s vehicles, and keep a record of the police report.
- See a physician immediately, even if you don’t have any physical evidence of an injury. This is important after car accidents but also true if you have an injury from a defective product or a misdiagnosis on your hands.
- Call our experienced personal injury lawyers with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC right away so we can evaluate your case and determine the best plan of action moving forward.
- Do not sign any authorization forms without approval and consent from your personal injury lawyer. This could be used against you in court later on.
- Follow your doctor’s medical orders for post-injury care, including follow-up appointments and any recommendations for other physicians such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, and more.
- Don’t take a rushed settlement from the insurance company. They might try to hassle you into taking a payment so they can give you less upfront. You will not be able to recover additional damages later on if you fall into this trap.
When you are dealing with a personal injury lawsuit, The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC can help you navigate the ups and downs of personal injury law, shady tactics from insurance companies and other attorneys, and determine the best course of action for recovering compensation and your losses.
How Do I Find Out if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Injuries that occur as a result of neglect from people or businesses can happen anytime, anywhere.
If you were injured by another’s carelessness, don’t settle for thousands of dollars less than you and your claim are worth. After an injury, call us to step in and manage your case and:
- Gather evidence of fault
- Document damages
- Work with your medical team
- Negotiate with your insurance company
- Provide legal guidance and support
We can help you avoid some of the common mistakes people make when handling their personal injury claims, protect you from unfair and unjust insurance tactics, and help maximize the value of your damages for a greater settlement.
You are never alone in this process with The Hatchett Law Firm, PLLC by your side.
See if you have a personal injury case today and speak with one of our Houston personal injury attorneys at 281-214-6541.